b e t t e r I f i t n e s s
Flat Abs Fast
Skip the time-consuming
crunches and try these three
waist-whittling moves from our
F itn e s s .
^ _ -
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: A resistance band.
T E N S IO N T W IS T
Targets shoulders, abs, and obliques
• Sit on floor with legs extended and
together, centre of band wrapped around soles of
feet, holding one end of band in each hand. Bend
knees slightly, keeping heels on floor, and clasp
hands to bring both ends of band together.
• With abs engaged and back straight, lean back 45
degrees and extend arms in front of you (a).
• Keeping lower body still and band taut, slowly
rotate torso to right as you bend elbows slightly,
and lower hands beside right hip (b). Rotate back
to centre with arms extended, then rotate to left to
complete one rep.
• Do three sets of 12 to 15 reps.
K N E E P U L L
Targets abs and butt
• Start on floor in push-up position (arms straight,
balancing on hands and toes) with centre of band wrapped
around sole of right foot, holding one end of band in each hand,
palms flat on floor.
• Keeping abs engaged, pull right knee toward chest; round
back toward ceiling slightly as if bringing head to meet
knee. Press right heel back to straighten leg, then lower
foot to start.
• Do three sets of 12 to 15 reps. Switch legs
and repeat, maintaining push-up
L A I
i f '
E L A S T IC T E A S E R
• Lie on your back, with your face up, legs together, band wrapped around
soles of feet, holding one end of band in each hand, arms by sides (a).
• Pull band, bending elbows directly behind you, as you slowly lift upper body and
extended legs 45 degrees off floor, until body is balanced in a ‘V’ position (b). Hold
for 3 to 5 seconds, keeping band taut. Slowly lower back to start while extending
arms to ease resistance.
• Do three sets of 12 to 15 reps. ■
BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS | DECEMBER
WORKOUT BY MASTER TRAINER AMY DIXON, CREATOR OF THE
GIVE ME 10!
DVD; PHOTOGRAPHS: KAREN PEARSON; HAIR: ELISA FLOWERS AT BA-REPS USING SEBASTIAN PROFESSIONAL.
MAKEUP: EMILY KATE WARREN USING MAKEUP FOR EVER; SPORTS BRA AND SHORTS: BODY UP; SHOES: ASICS, US.